Weekly Update w/c 15th June
We are providing a weekly update for the rest of this term as so many current and potential parents and students are concerned about the details of returning to school.
- We have sent out a detailed risk assessment for consultation for parents and staff regarding the return to school of Year 10 and 12. Attached below.This Risk Assessment covers the partial return of Year 10 and Year 12 students to school for the period up to the summer holidays. It is based on the template provided by the London Borough of Barnet. It has been completed by the Senior Management of the school, with consultation and input from parents, staff and governors (consultation was open between Monday 8th and Monday 15th June 2020). I would like to thank all those members of the St Michael's community who improved this Risk Assessment through providing feedback during the consultation stage
- We have invited Yr 10 students in for 3 days of face to face contact starting 23rd June.
- Yr 12 will receive more information this week regarding a programme of UCAS support and subject boosters starting Monday 6th July
- Senior teachers have been meeting new Yr 6 families on zoom over the last two weeks and will continue over the next three weeks.
- Centre assessed grades have been sent to exam boards for Yr 11 and Yr 13
- We have been having several assemblies addressing the serious issue of racism over the last three weeks.(see below)
- There are several special events over the next few weeks. 24th June Maths Competition for Yrs 7 and 8, 2nd July Virtual Yr 7 Retreat, 8th July Arts Day for KS3. Watch out for more details!
- We have surveyed Yr 7-10 regarding how they are doing and how we can support them over the next few weeks and in the Autumn.
- We have been talking about the 'Recovery Curriculum' in our teacher meetings. (See ppt below)
- See here for another update next week! If you need to contact us please email email@example.com