Weekly Update w/c 22nd June
- We welcomed back Yr 10 today. They will be in small groups over the next two weeks.
- Yr 12 have now finished their online assessments. Teachers are busy marking them ready for some Face to face feedback from 6th July
- 35 Yr 12 students have signed up for an online course on applying to Oxford and Cambridge which is happening 6/7/8th July. All Yr 12 are having UCAS preparation days with the pastoral team.
- Yr 6 meetings with every individual family continue by zoom!
- Staff have been discussing the Recovery Curriculum in meetings
- We have prepared some resources ready for our Virtual Open Day on Thursday 25th June. See the page on Thursday to have a virtual look around!
- Staff have been having training on the new online admissions and enrolment system for Yr 7 and 12. We are embracing new technology!
- Plans for the building work to the Grange (which is going to become Reception and an admin block) are well underway
- Plans for the 10 classroom new Sixth Form Block and Refurbished Hall - with Gallery are also being finalised. Work to start in the autumn and lasting a year.
- Next week's INSET day on Monday will be staff training to take our online teaching a few steps forward with more use of google meet video sessions, audio teaching on powerpoints, collaborative learning opportunities for students and the use of short video recordings from teachers.
- Please see Mr Stimpson's letter to parents which was sent this week.
Headteacher's letter to parents