About The School

Place Holder

School

St. Michael's is a Voluntary Aided three-form entry secondary grammar school for girls.  It was established in 1908 and the Trusteeship is under the control of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus.  It became a Voluntary Aided Grammar School in September 1958.  Boys were admitted to our 6th Form from September 2009.

The prime aim of the school is the formation of responsible and committed Catholic citizens.  It seeks to encourage the highest standards in academic achievement, social responsibility and personal development in a specifically Catholic environment.

Headmaster:               Mr Julian Ward
Chair of Governors:     Mrs D. Quigley-Jones

It is a compact school comprising five adjacent buildings of widely contrasting styles; the Sixth Form Centre is The Grange, an adapted 19th century private house with a lawn and surrounded by trees  to which a Resource Centre was added in 1999; the lower school, a stone building from the early 1900s; the main School built in the 1950s; the Sports Hall built in 2008.

  St. Michaels' Catholic Grammar School Admissions Policy
Website Construction and Design by MJH Websites ©